Seriously, This is Actually Happening
The following are first-hand accounts and evidence of substantial failures of educational organizations and institutions to stay relevant.
College Teaching Java Applets in 2020
A community member reported directly in live stream that he is currently learning “Java applets” in his college Computer Science course.
Carnegie Mellon University, Heinz College
95-799 Linux & Open Source Mini — Spring 2020
- Claims “#1 in Cybersecurity Higher Education”
- Still thinks SourceForge is relevant and GitHub is “new”
- Seemingly unaware that Microsoft now ships with Linux built in and has several core kernel contributors working in their Linux division.
- Serving directory listings as main web page.
- Insanely overpriced forcing massive student debt.
- Cost: 6 units, ~$2000
- Average first-year cost: $51,000
- Four year degree cost: $204,000
Creationism is not science.
Flat Earth Debated in High School CS Class
First hand accounts of students at Hough High School in Cornelius, North Carolina have been reported of a CS High School instructor dividing her class in two to “debate” the position of the Flat Earth Society rather than study computer science at all as an “activity.” The “teacher” openly acknowledges her position that the Earth is, in fact, flat.